To Contact the Rainbow Sash Movement click here.
The Rainbow Sash Movement believes there are six moral principles that should govern our response to the G8 and NATO meetings in Chicago in May 19 through 21, 2012.
- Every economic decision and institution must be judged in light of whether it protects or undermines the dignity of the human person.
- Human dignity can be realized and protected only in community
- All people have a right to participate in the economic life of society.
- All members of society have a special obligation to the poor and vulnerable.
- Human rights are the minimum conditions for life in community.
- Society as a whole, acting through public and private institutions, has the moral responsibility to enhance human dignity and protect human rights.
This clearly means that government has a part to play as a vehicle to protect what is important to us, and to promote common values.
The Rainbow Sash Movement calls for a new international commitment to full employment. It is a social and moral scandal that so many live in poverty. We call for concerted efforts to eradicate poverty.
We also call on the LGBT Community to understand that the G8 and NATO meeting in Chicago is an opportunity to speak out about the issues of global economic justice. As people of faith we can no longer be silent when violence is being promoted in the name of peace. It is time for us to re take the peace movement which has been politicized to promote agendas other than global economic justice and peace.
Our Gospel vision of a prosperous world where none are left behind is possible if we would begin to believe that global economic justice is not only possible, but also essential. It is our hope that this is the beginning of a dialogue process that will represent the diversity of our Community.
Board of Directors
Rainbow Sash Movement